lundi 12 septembre 2011

My interview with... (tadaaaa...) Frederick Raynal !

Today I'm quite happy as Frederick Raynal just answered me a couple of questions!

As stated in wikipedia, "Frédérick Raynal is a French video game designer and programmer, notable for his game developments in InfogramesAdeline Software International and No Cliché" ... "He is perhaps best known for Alone in the Dark" ... "Raynal also has a cult following for his Little Big Adventure series."

Here it is, with his authorization.

Me : Hi Fred!! Do you remember that day, when I came to your office, at Infogrames for a job interview? You were supposed to evaluate how optimized was the "scrolling subroutine" I did for "Mystical" (Holy Sh*t!! It's Frederick Raynal, the author of PopCorn that will interview me?!?!...) What a long way since then... Are you nostalgic for those years?

Fred : Yes, I remember that. It was another time, everything was starting and we felt like pionneers  I’m not nostalgic, as I grown up with the technology, I’m always amazed with the power of the tools we have to create games, at the time we met we needed to build every tools because they just didn’t exist ! It’s less easy nowadays because a lot of people create games and there are more than just one kind of players, but I still have the same strong desire to give them pleasure.


Me : One question that will, again, make my blog the most popular out there (ahem) : What are you working on right now?

Fred : I’m working on a new electronic toy and I’m about to release a small game I did on my spare time. Check my website www.ludoid.fr to keep informed.



Me : Do you play on your iPhone or your Android?

Fred : Yes, I play both on iPad and Android phone. Like a lot of players, I prefer games that will not take me too much time. This is the main difference between games we did 20 years ago and today, the biggest part of games released are ”small” games. Core gamers are still able to find games that last more than 50 hours, but the big market is now for players that might play with a game for less than 50 hours, but one game should be fast and entertainning from the beginning.
Me : Thanks a lot for your answers! One last question ; Is there a person in the video game industry that you challenge me to get answers to such silly questions?
Fred : ... (nothing) ...


Me : cough...cough... who did you say? ... Oh yes! Didier Chanfray! Great idea! ...


Stay tune for the next great interview of famous people in the Video Game industry!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire